Unifor Local 52A.01
Unifor Local 52A Unit 1 is directed by an Executive and Board of Directors. The Executive includes the elected positions of President (Wilma Ellenburgh), Vice-President (Elaine Cardinal), Secretary (Lise Viel) and Treasurer (Janice Bowman). The Board of Directors is comprised of members-at-large from various positions and locations throughout the school district.
The Executive and the Board of Directors each hold a monthly meeting to conduct the business of the Local. Unifor Local 52A.01’s By-Laws and the Board of Directors Policies and Procedures manual govern Local business.
Some of the membership services Unifor Local 52A.01 offers to its members are:
• Access to information through the website www.uniforlocal52a.com
• Information services
• Assistance with member’s concerns regarding the collective agreement or workplace conflicts and grievances
• Recognition (cards/gifts/Mass card/donation) to members who are ill or bereaved
• Education bursaries, wellness bursaries and scholarships to support life-long learning
• An annual banquet to honor retirees and long service recipients
• Membership meetings and information sessions
• Collective Agreement negotiations
• Liaison with other education support staff locals throughout Canada
• Charitable donations on behalf of the membership to Edmonton area children's charities
• A Women's Advocate
• Representation of support staff interests on many school district committees